How Church has Changed
Worship on Saturday and Sunday: We have continued worshiping on Facebook Live for Saturday and Sunday services.
As You Enter Our Building You Will See:
- A clean sanitized and disinfected church
- Disinfectant, Sanitizer and Clorox Wipes are located at the Security Desk by the glass doors and in the Large Dining Room.
- Sanitizer is in the sanctuary as you come in.
- Bathrooms will have Disinfectant spray for surfaces that you may touch. (Please spray when you finish using the facilities.)
- Masks recommended, and welcome but not required. Masks will be available for you on entry.
- If anyone appears to not feel well, we have a touch-free thermometer available and will assess the person in the lounge to determine next steps.
- Congregants may arrive with their preprinted bulletin or pick one up at the welcome table.
- Offering will be collected in the offering plates in the sanctuary or with the offering box in the dining room.
- Attendance will be taken by Elder Van Tassel each Sunday.
- Our dedicated singers will lead our music. They do not need to mask if more than 30 feet from the congregation.
- Pastor Laura will mask when Covid-counts are high and when with the people but will not mask during worship leadership as long as she is 30 feet from the congregation.
- Communion elements will be pre-packaged, or you may bring your own from home.
Currently the following opportunities are available for connection, worship and spiritual growth.
- 5:00 p.m. Saturday Night Prayze service
- 10:00 a.m. Sunday Worship service
- Wednesday Emergency Food Pantry at 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Food Ministry Food Cart: Saturdays at 6:00 p.m. following worship
- Saturday 6:00 p.m. Dinner in the dining room and Carryout available
- High-Tech opportunities: We are sending out the bulletin and copies of all the hymns to the email addresses we have on hand. Folks can watch all of our services on Facebook either live or after the fact. People can also watch the service on the church website (fpcpontiac.com) afterward it is recorded. Newsletters are being emailed (and mailed.). Session and Deacons meetings have all met online using Zoom. Bible Study has concluded for the summer and will reconvene with a Zoom option in the fall.
Low-Tech opportunities: We are mailing an annotated bulletin, sermon transcript and Home Touch weekly edition to members’ homes. These are mailed following Sunday’s service because the sermon must be transcribed following the service. Newsletters are also being mailed to members’ homes and emailed. If you prefer anything by email rather than US Mail, please contact the church office. If you don’t check your email, we would rather communicate with you through the postal service.
Email List Updates: Please send us a note by email or call the office if you prefer to get all communications by email only during this Pandemic time. We have 10 persons to request email only.
Communication: Silver Seniors and Deacons have identified persons to check on regularly and assigned names to folks to call. We want to make sure everyone has what they need, is healthy, receiving food and their medications regularly and are communicating with others. We do not want you feeling alone during this difficult time.
Thank you to all that have worked with us during this uncertain time. We are feeling our way just like everyone else. Please continue to keep us in prayer and send any questions, comments or concerns to Pastor Laura. We want to hear from you.